“I don’t understand how a woman can leave the house without fixing herself up a little - if only out of politeness. And then, you never know, maybe that’s the day she has a date with destiny. And it’s best to be as pretty as possible for destiny.” - Coco Chanel

12.08.2008

Mama Duck Is Happy

Photobucket

My computer is in the shop (again), so I borrowed Boo's. (He doesn't know, I lifted it while he was sleeping.=) The last couple weeks I've worked the hours of the 6 digit earning executive (without the 6 digits). The internet in my house is on the blink (AT&T assures me it will be righted today). In spite of all of the above, life is grand.

All my little ducks were here for 4 whole days. We did the things that I crave while they are in far reaching states. We dined sumptuously at The Back Door, schlepped around Hattiesburg, went to Starbucks, had Christmas at Nanna's, and just hung out at the house (certain lamps aglow, candles burning, holiday music on...that perfect way I like my house to feel). We had sparkling juice in beautiful glasses with pomegranate floating in it and the girls wrapped gifts that would win the prize in contests. We watched Christmas movies, cooked (I cleaned) and simply enjoyed each other.

What more should the holidays be?

No comments: