“I don’t understand how a woman can leave the house without fixing herself up a little - if only out of politeness. And then, you never know, maybe that’s the day she has a date with destiny. And it’s best to be as pretty as possible for destiny.” - Coco Chanel

3.31.2010

God Reads My Blog

Disclaimer: To understand this blog, you must have read the previous post.

When I drove up last evening, someone was pushing a lawnmower in my yard. A pile had been raked and pine cones were piled. God obviously reads my blog.

My neighbor is elderly and her sitter is a friend of my family. She was working away in my yard when I pulled into the drive. My nephew was pushing the lawnmower working along side his grandmother, the sitter from next door. (And no, she does not read my blog. I'm not sure she's even familiar with the internet.)

Now, in all honesty, I was tired. I'd had a full day and my initial reaction was knowledge I had to get out there and help them. After all they were in MY yard, and I simply couldn't just sit inside and watch. (Even though I was completely tuckered out!) I changed quickly into my "yard" clothes and joined in. Within minutes, I was going full steam. I pulled all the unwanteds from my beds, raked straw to the places it belonged, rearranged patio furniture, swept the deck and hung a new wreath on the greenhouse. When I did lay my head down for the night, my yard had taken a new lease on life. And of course, that extended to other areas of my life. I put those pesky out of place things in their place, washed some clothes, generally took my living space to a happier place.

Here is where the knowledge that God reads my blog flooded me. I'd posted that very morning how I needed something to jump start my lagging spirits. I just didn't recognize it...right in my front yard. And it initially irked me. I REALLY did not want to work in the yard. I ABSOLUTELY did not feel like washing clothes. But after reading the state of my mind in my blog, God decided to give me a little push.

And it worked.

Thanks God.

No comments: